The holiday season is just around the corner and it’s not easy to stay healthy during this time. Everywhere you go, especially if far away from home, it’s a good idea to come and visit us or book an appointment through our website. Skipping a dental exam could get you on a nightmare travel.
We know that it’s difficult to maintain your regular routines over the holidays but our selected team of dentist has shared with us a series of easy tips that will keep your teeth healthy:
- A check-up and clean is a great starting point and will be the most effective way to determine if there are any underlying issues that should be addressed. If you need to book your appointment, contact us to 0294186499.
- Pack your dental aid first kit. It should include dental floss, gauze, and over-the-counter pain relievers with your toiletries to deal with minor dental problems when you travel. This is a crucial piece of equipment to take on holiday.
- Dry out your brush. A brush that stays wet breeds bacteria. If you can, take your toothbrush out of its travel case as soon as you reach your destination.
- Reduce your regular consumption of drinks with high sugar and acidic content such as sports drinks or fruit juices. Those drinks could increase the chance of dental decay and enamel erosion. Instead, drink lots of water to keep your teeth strong and healthy.
- Finally, know your support available overseas. It’s better to be safe and travel with insurance.
Remember, by keeping your teeth healthy, you will be giving yourself the best holiday gift of all.
A better smile Team.